top of page
Planning Permission


It is an approval given by the Local Authority, Environmental Division, which carries out the Town and Country Planning act on behalf of the Government.

In case of private houses, Planning Permission is required for some, but not all building work. Planning permission may be required to build something new or for major changes to your building such as building extension.

Small works which do not require Planning Permission and are called as “Permitted Developments". The requirements for a planning permission depends upon many factors, such as size of the proposal, and whether there have been any previous extensions to the property. However, you could apply for Lawfulness certificate to confirm whether you need planning or not.

Failure to obtain a planning permission for the planning required development  can result in enforcement, fines, and demolition of any unauthorized constructions.

The Application for Outline Planning Permission is generally used to find out, at an early stage, whether or not a proposal is likely to be approved by the planning authority before any substantial costs are incurred.  


This type of planning application allows fewer details about the proposal to be submitted. These details may be agreed following a “reserved matters” application at a later stage. Once outline planning permission has been granted, a ’reserved matters’ application must be made within allowed years of the consent. The details of the application must be in accord with the outline approval, including any conditions attached to the permission.

For major developments, we apply for Pre-Planning advice to discuss our proposal with council and get the opinion from the planning Department prior full planning application 

bottom of page